Popular Posts

Friday, February 4, 2011

Cape Canaveral National Seashore >> Florida

Cape Canaveral National Seashore

When my mother was a little girl, she grew up at Cape Canaveral. My mothers family lived in the old lighthouse at Cape Canaveral. I have many mementos from her early childhood fishing and crabbing in the Indian and the Banana Rivers. I also have old pictures of the Cape prior to WWII.
Going back there reminds me of my Florida roots which extend south from the Cape to Miami.

Bridge to Cape Canaveral near Titusville, Florida

Sign warning of Cape Canaveral undertow. Swimmers beware.

UFO jellyfish at Cape Canaveral

Sea Turtle protection sign at the Cape


Space Shuttle Launch Complex at Merritt Island as seen from Cape Canaveral


Vehicle Assembly Building- Merritt Island as seen from Cape Canaveral

Roseate Spoonbill Repose


Boat-Tailed Grackle at the beach.


Gull Glide

Fergie (female red sheltie puppy) at the Boardwalk. Cape Canaveral.

Next up: Fergie's Blog 

2 comments:

  1. Cape Canaveral looks like a lovely area! I hope to visit Merritt Island in the future. Beautiful photographs, Donna Sweet puppy Fergie!

    ReplyDelete